Adding Smart Trip Planning to your Contact Management Platforms
Benefit for Full Contact
- Industry first, especially when coupled with Dossiers and the Google Calendar and GMail plug-ins
- Same day implementation
- Incremental revenues paid quarterly with virtually no cost, plus contribution to your charity of choice annually
- Quick ROI on Contacts+ due to size of base
- Way easier than the current way of doing things, especially directly from my calendar, my contacts and my mail
- In addition to the map, can find hotels nearby my contacts, plus driving directions and optionally car rental and air
- Guaranteed lowest published hotel rates
- 24×7 support in 40+ languages and pricing in 40+ currencies
Imagine this Use Case being repeated hundreds of thousands of times a day
I need to go to see one of my advisory board members that lives in Atlanta. The first thing I need to know is what side of town he is on. After all, the city of Atlanta alone is 134 square miles so if I need a hotel room, I need to know where “there” really is. I seem to remember that he is in an outer suburb.
Before FullContact installed the smart trip tool right into their Contact Management system, I used to have to go click on the address, look on the Google map, click on Search Nearby, click on Hotels Nearby, drill down to what hotel I want to look at based on price, then figure out which site I want to use to book it and good luck remembering where I’ve booked my hotel! Looking back, that was such a waste of my precious time.
Now, I display the contact record in Full Contact (or from right in the GMail where he told me that next Tuesday works!) and right from Jody’s record, I can find the available hotels nearby his house. We can meet right in my hotel, since he works from home. Easy peasy.
Test it out. Experience the magic of proximity-based hotel booking.
- I’m Staying – Finds available hotels nearby the location from the contact record
- I’m Driving – Provides driving directions and optional car rental
- I’m Flying – Finds flights into the closest available airport to the contact’s location
- MAP – This can be the default display for the widget
You manage the tools yourself
The TripProximity Portal allows you to configure the dynamic smart trip tool and the system produces the code snippet for that widget. Then you will write a short script to substitute variables from your Contacts database and install it in your system with the snippet. It takes minutes.
In real time, you will pass the individual’s name and address and you may elect to pass their image into the tool as well. If you do not pass an image of the individual, it will display the default image.
Advise the names and emails for any of your team that need access to the portal.
Recommended placement for Web Based Contact Management tool
Recommended placement for MAC Contact Management application
Recommended placement for Contacts+ App
For Contacts+, we recommend replacing the map with our “lite smart map”, which has been designed for integration into apps.
You can also have a “tab only” version, where the tabs expand as the tab is selected.
This version doesn’t have our normal header and we have removed the words from the tabs. This will be available by mid-October.
The greatest benefit for Contacts+ users will be in conjunction with your planned plug-in into GMail.
The TripProximity smart trip tool should take no more than a few hours to implement on the FullContact Contact Management platform.
The product is container and device responsive when implemented in a web environment. You will first configure the tool in the TripProximity Portal, which will yield a widget snippet. Then you will write a script to map your data elements to the variables for the smart trip tool.
Click on the image below to view the configuration guide.
Comments are closed.
You must be logged in to post a comment.