Implementation Guide for Saxon Manor and Rodgers Christmas House
FOR SUPPORT – CALL 813-925-0789 x2
First things first - Register as an Account and Login to your Saxon Manor
You may invite any of your team members to the portal. It can be used to view/manage your widgets, view your analytics (this is just V1 of analytics) and you can create palettes that the brides can use to coordinate with their primary colors for their theme.
To provide a way for anyone visiting either facility to find hotels nearby and to get driving directions
You can add it to your websites easily with the code snippet from the portal.
We will help you add these tools to your Facebook pages. We will need administrative rights to your page (which you can remove after we add the VISIT US tab to your page).
To give your brides and grooms their own page for their wedding
- Clone the EVENT TEMPLATE tool on the portal
- Change the name of the event
- Add in a picture of the bride/groom (get a JPG image from the event coordinator or the bride/groom)
- If they have an RSVP system, you can link the image to that site/page and set the marketing message to “Click on the image to RSVP”
- Edit the marketing message to reflect their message to travelers (e.g. Tracy and George invite you to make it a weekend!)
- Change the date of travel to be the date of the wedding and adjust the date criteria for arrival (e.g. if the wedding is before noon, recommend coming in the day before, if the wedding/reception is at night and/or alcohol is being served, recommend checking out the following day)
- You can use the Custom Palette feature to create new color palettes for the buttons. We have set up a few for you to choose from (Select Color Palette on the edit screen for the widget).
Host the widget on The Hotels Nearby (or give the bride/groom the code snippet if they already have a website) and provide the link to the bride/groom or the wedding coordinator.
You can also choose to create a custom page on your site if you choose to, but we do not believe this is necessary for the custom tools. Remember that it is the friends/family of the bride that will see the Hotels Nearby branding on those pages and your venue information is right on the widget itself.
If the bride and groom wants to build their own tool later or if the event planner wants their own account
To create their own account:
Use a graphic (such as the one provided) and hyperlink it to the following URL to create their own account:
This will track back to Saxon Manor and you will earn a percentage on every booking made.
Press Release Draft
Email Announcement to your Customer Base
Recommended Help Text
Christmas in July Event
- Create an event tool for the Christmas in July Event
- Post it on the Hotels Nearby site and copy that link
- Post the link to that page on your FACEBOOK page
- If you have an email list, send an email that promotes the event, including a graphic similar to the one at right, linked to the page
- In the days leading up to the event, regularly post on social media by pulling up the widget page and using the social sharing links to post.
Hosting an event for event planners, photographers, DJs, etc.
Solutionz is happy to help with the event in any way that we can to promote you as a thought leader in the local business community.
The product is currently container and device responsive. We will need to work with your app development team to determine what changes are needed for the widget to render properly from within your apps.
Static or Dynamic Widget
The dynamic widget does not load asynchronously. If you turn on the dynamic flag in the portal in the widget editor, it removes that line from the code snippet that is generated. If you try to install a dynamic widget directly into an HTML container on WordPress, it will NOT render.
External System Interaction
- Google Places for lookup of the venues and addresses in the address field
- Google Maps for lookup of the latitude/longitude of any address
Once the input from the widget is received, we pass a search string to our booking system. It contains:
- Brand to be displayed in the booking system
- Travel parameters
- Tracking information to provide reporting back to you for each client
Rules for Display
The date fields for events can be coupled with a business rule. For instance if you have an event that begins before noon, you may want to set the date of arrival to 1 day before the event begins. If the event ends after 3pm, you may want to set the date of departure to 1 day after the event.
Just a reminder, even if there is no address or a partial address (city/state), our new widget with the Google Places lookup can find the precise address of the venue or company that they are visiting (even a Starbucks or TopGolf! or finding a hotel near someone’s house that works from home). The user controls this by using the pencil tool on the address field to do their own lookup.