The smart trip tool makes the online obituary a powerful way to communicate logistics at a difficult time
Benefits for SCI
- Improve your earnings and cash flow with incremental, transactional revenue from existing base
- No cost to implement or support the new revenue stream
- Simple, same day implementation of dynamic tool that will help increase your relevance to the marketplace
Benefits for Funeral Home
- Reduces stress on the family by handling all guest logistics
- No need to answer the “where should I stay” question
- 24x7x365 service for travelers provided in 40 languages
Benefits for Loved Ones
- Provides a one click way to share logistics with others
- Finds available hotels near the service plus driving directions
- Guaranteed lowest published hotel rates for those traveling
Picture this use case for the smart trip tool (repeated over 1500 times a week)
Everyone that wants to come to Shirley’s service has all the information at their fingertips to celebrate the life with friends, family and colleagues. Because when the family notified them about her untimely death, they sent along a link to the smart trip plan integrated on the obituary page on the funeral home site.
Try it, it’s live.
Now imagine that this mobile responsive tool can be embedded one time directly into the obituary page template using our dynamic tool, in just minutes.
It is true. It isn’t days, weeks and months to implement.
NOTE: For this sample, we’ve changed the date on the service to a future date so that you may see the search results.
- Friends and family don’t have to call the funeral home or bother the family to find out where they should stay.
- With just one click (because the date and location are already filled in), everyone can see that the Comfort Suites is available and is just .6 miles from Mobile Memorial Gardens and exactly how much it is (along with many other choices).
- The family and her classmates from Tulane can rent an SUV there in Mobile, so that they can drive and bring the kids, oh and Cousin George’s dog. They see that there is an affordable hotel just 3 miles away that allows pets.
- Her classmates from the Sorbonne in Paris can fly into Intercontinental. They would likely be more comfortable at the Autograph Collection hotel that is just 3.2 miles away. They can even check the price in Euros and get customer service in French.
- Snobby Uncle Clive from New York will likely want to stay at the Four Seasons or the JW Marriott as he “only does five star”
- And Aunt Mary from Tampa can fly into Mobile. She is staying with Cousin Elsa and they’ve decided to rent a house so they don’t have to eat out. Elsa needs driving directions to the funeral home.
With TripProximity, it’s all there and its easy to use, even for Aunt Mary.
Recap of benefits
Make life easier for the family
Did you know that on average 10% of service attendees are from out of town?
After a loss, the family phone rings non-stop. Most of those calls are to ask for the logistics surrounding the service.
By integrating the TripProximity widget into the obituary, the funeral home director can pass off the page location to the family at the initial meeting with them. Then when people call, they can simply share the page location by phone or they can share it via text or on social media.
You make life easier for the family during a difficult time and your team saves time answering “where should I stay?”
Even for trips to spread ashes, we can find a hotel nearby
We recognize the shift in the trend toward cremation and that more and more people are opting for trips to spread their loved ones’ ashes. The tool can be used for the memorial service and then we can also help them find a hotel near wherever they would like to begin that final journey.
Make your map smarter
The TripProximity widget can replace your existing map tool or static driving directions. Those coming to the funeral can book hotel, flight or get dynamic driving directions to the service location. Those coming do not have to remember your address. The widget pre-populates your location automatically.
Make Giving Back Easy
With TripProximity, every trip can matter to the charities you support and the communities where your Dignity Memorial brand homes reside. A percentage of the proceeds from travel bookings made on your site are given to your charity of choice annually and we can help you direct that to the local charities in those communities.
Make Remembering Matter
Long after the service is over, colleagues, friends and family can honor the loved one by using TravelingToGive to donate to the family’s cause of choice. Every trip matters.
Same Day Implementation
Site placement is easy.
If a service time has been set, we recommend adding an Attend the Service button, which then displays the Smart Trip tool for the service. On the Services page, we recommend changing the Google Map link under Directions to read “Plan your Visit”. Each of the links will pull up a customized page with the name and photo of the deceased and then the venue name and date/time of the particular service element selected.
Your portal is already live.
TripProximity comes with a full featured portal that allows you to manage your own tools. You can customize them online and once they are installed, the changes automatically flow to the live site.
The system also maintains analytics and records the booking activity for the Dignity Memorial and Neptune locations.
As we add new features and tools, they will be available to you via your portal.
How do I get started?
- Set up a call to get any of your questions answered (use button at right)
- We will invite you to the portal once we get you registered (no long term commitment)
- Together we will customize your dynamic tool (it takes minutes, really)
- You will write a script that matches our variables to your data (name of deceased, photo, location and date of service)
- Install on the page template on your system for the Obituary (or in multiple places)
We help you test on all platforms. The product is already mobile responsive.
You can literally be live the same day and begin accruing royalties and donations right away. It is that easy.
Comments are closed.